Monday, May 16, 2011

"your doing WHAT?"

That's the response I often get when I tell people we are moving all our stuff into storage and living out of our van for 8 weeks.  Yes, the kids are coming with us.  Yup, we all fit just fine.  Ummm...actually, I don't need to shower everyday.  And nope, I don't get tired of sleeping on a bunk.  Uh huh, the kids love it.  Yup, we cook - we have a propane stove, a small fridge, and a sink...we also bring along our mini grill.  Yes, there are two double beds - one up and one down.  No...no A/C at all and no heat unless we are moving.  It's a 1987...but the engine is a 2009...that's a good thing.

Well, it might not seem like all that fits in there but it does.  And it fits just fine.  I do sometimes feel like one of those clown cars - you know, the ones where a ridiculous amount of clowns somehow emerge from a teeny tiny car.  Once we start taking things out, I am completely amazed that all those items actually fit all nice and snug back into the van.

We still have quite a few details to work out in these next few weeks - like where we are actually going to put our stuff while we are away, where we are going to go on this trip (guess that can be a spur of the moment type thing but we should still have some semblance of a plan), and how on earth we are going to get all the work (packing, planning, and "real" work) done in the next 3 weeks.  Oh - and throw a few visitors in there for good measure.  Phew...just thinking about it makes me tired.

must. start. packing. boxes.

1 comment:

  1. I might have said that once upon a time, ("you are doing what??") but I think it sounds like fun to leave all the regular every day stuff behind and go have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete