Thursday, September 22, 2011

home

May 16th.  That was a long time ago.

September 22nd.  This is now.

(and in between...there was so much)  

You will have to believe me when I say we had many grand adventures.  I didn't keep you posted.  You'll have to trust me when I say we had a blast.  I didn't even think to stop and report it here.  You know it's true when I say I almost went crazy at the end....

but, now we are home.  here.  this place.  finally home.

It's better than I dreamed.  Yes, better.  And I did a lot of dreaming. 

Our house is cozy, it's open, it's bright, it feels good and smells right.  It's perfect for our family of four and perfect too when visitors come.  It's not too crowded or too spacious, too small, or too big.  It's just right.

But there is something even better than the new sweet house where we now live.  Better is the community surrounding us.  Better is creating a shared space.  Better is watching the dream become reality.   Better is living it.

deep breath.  enjoying today.  this moment.  this feeling.  being home. 



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I imagine the adventerous nomad living makes you appreciate the nuances of the new place all the more dear - like a really harsh winter makes spring all the more sweeter (and I'm a big fan of winter). Can't wait to come visit one day. - Suzanne

    ReplyDelete